Gozinaki is a traditional Georgian dessert made with nuts, eaten primarily around Christmas and New Year’s – it’s a must in Georgia during the holidays.
Gozinaki, a Georgian Walnut Confection (გოზინაყი)
Author: Christian Eilers for Everywhere Fare
Recipe type: Dessert
Gozinaki is a traditional Georgian dessert made with nuts, eaten primarily around Christmas and New Year's - it's a must in Georgia during the holidays.
- 200 g of walnuts, shelled
- 100 g of honey
- 10 g sugar
- Place the walnuts on a pan and begin roasting on low fire; be careful not to burn.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour the honey into the pot and stir over low heat.
- After about 15 minutes, add sugar and boil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and add mixture to bowl of walnuts.
- Roll the mass on a sheet or board which is wet with a roller until about 1 cm in thickness.
- Cut into squares and allow to cool.