This delicious Nepali recipe is the equivalent to stir fried chicken. The many spices used enhance the flavor of the chicken bringing out its natural taste.
(serves 4 people, prep time: 45 minutes, cook time: 35 minutes, difficulty: medium, main dish)
- 4 cups chicken breast, diced into medium pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 green chilies thinly sliced
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 2 tbs cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 15 black pepper kernels
- 4 cloves
- 2 sticks cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp turmeric
- salt to taste
- 1 tbs fenugreek
- 2½ tbs coriander
- In a big bowl combine the chicken, turmeric, cinnamon, cumin powder and salt. Coat the chicken completely with all of the spices and leave out for 30 minutes covered with plastic wrap.
- Heat the canola oil in a non-stick pan. Place the diced onion, green chilies, garlic and the black pepper kernels. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Then, add in the coated chicken and stir until the chicken is completely coated with the oil. Leave to fry for about 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, add in the coriander and fenugreek. Leave to fry for another 10 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!