Esponjado de Café (Colombian Coffee Mousse)
Author: Romana Sharmin
Recipe type: Dessert
A classic Colombian dessert that has a beautiful blend of coffee in it. Not only does it taste good, but it also looks amazing when served.
- 3 tbsp of good quality instant coffee
- 1 Can (14 oz) condensed milk
- 5 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- In a pot, boil the water.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tbsp of water with the coffee.
- In another bowl, combine 3 tbsp of water with the gelatin. Mix well so that the gelatin dissolves.
- Into a blender, pour the condensed milk and the coffee mixture.
- Blend for about 2 minutes. Pour the gelatin mix to it and blend for another minute.
- In a separate bowl beat the heavy cream for 3minutes or until it becomes fluffy.
- Add the cream into the coffee mix.
- Beat the egg whites with sugar and keep beating until it becomes firm.
- Pour the egg whites into the coffee mix in batches.
- Mix well and pour onto glasses.
- Refrigerate for nearly 5 hours or so.
- Serve with grated chocolate on top.