This yummy rice dish has everything you want in your meal. It has spices, it has protein, and healthy veggies that taste amazing. This is a classic Colombian version of the famous Latin American recipe that is popularly relished all over the world.
Classic Arroz con Pollo (Chicken and Rice) Recipe
Author: Romana Sharmin for Everywhere Fare
Recipe type: Entree
This yummy rice dish has everything you want in your meal. It has spices, it has protein, and healthy veggies that taste amazing. This is a classic Latin American recipe that is popularly relished all over the world.
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- Chicken Stock
- ½ white onion
- 1 scallion
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup long- grain white rice
- ½ cup frozen diced green beans
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 chicken bouillon tablet
- ½ tbsp Goya Sazón with azafran
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup frozen diced carrots
- Into a pot, add the chicken, the stock and 5 cups of water.
- Cover with lid and bring the mix to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take off the heat and let it cool. Once it has cooled down, drain the stock and reserve it.
- Shred the chicken and set aside for now.
- In a pan, heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic, bell pepper and the green peppers.
- Toss around for 4 minutes.
- Throw in the rice, chicken bouillon, tomato paste and the Goya Sazón.
- Stir well and make sure the rice is well coated with everything.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for nearly 15 minutes.
- Now add the carrots, peas and green beans to it.
- Stir for another 5-7 minutes.
- Finally throw in the shredded chicken, cilantro and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.